Sunday 25 September 2011

(GRAN)KNEE GRAZING SKIRTS

Apologies for the lack of posting - life has been rather chaotic since fashion week. I promise I'll still do a proper blog post on it when everything has settled down somewhat. Sadly, I am without a camera at the moment (save for my iPod) so outfit pictures and lardydarrs will have to wait until I or a housemate has invested in one. In other news I have a lovely new job with lovely new people so I can still pretend I'm not a poor student by treating myself to cocktails and indulging my current obsession with tartan. A-line, midi-ish granny skirt? Err, yes! I feel it's slightly too soon to be embracing spring/summer trends, even if I am still daydreaming about Issa London prints and Nicole Farhi cuts. Yet despite this, I feel I've received a sign from God - surely my beloved and bang-on-trend-nine-months-in-advance leather trousers would not have ripped in an unsalvageable place if fetish was still raving. I know the magz are still plugging all that, but though I adored those trousers (RIP), I can't help feeling autumn/winter is going beyond pleather. Bit too predictable and all that. Especially as this unfortunate event happened seconds after my arrival back in Hull. Winter is too long for one 'trend' to be the focus, I'm done with the whole leather situation; there are better avenues to explore. Such as pensioner-chic. Yar? Yar. So in that round about way, I am mucho looking forward to blitzing round campus in knee grazing tartan, loafers and shiny slick loose jumpers. Knitting needles and wild hair in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment