Saturday 17 September 2011

THE REAL BLOG SPOT

So, here I am - Somerset House foyer, making full use of their impressive laptop space. Grown, presumably from the uprising of press bloggers, this a pretty inspired enjoyable working area that I probably should have employed earlier. However, less of the facilities and more of the fashion! In brief, en bref, etc., the first few shows were a brilliant experience. The lights at Corrie Nielsen make the models disappear, ghost like, in my poorly captured photos, but in the show space they were beautiful. Good job I'm returning to the Old Sorting Office this evening for the EXIT and Adidas party. VFS did not fail to deliver with Blow's Ones to Watch, which despite the inevitable delay was worth keeping ones eyes open for. Leutton Postle, similarly, worked with uninhibited textures and a keen sense of rugged detail. 

Yet one of the highlights of the day certainly has to be lounging around the courtyard doing some serious people watching. The outfits were fantastic, bizarre and completely set the bar for the coming few days. My celebrity spotting leaves something to be desired it seems and although I just about recognised Nicola Roberts and various model-TV stars, apparently I fail to know the tall blonde that just created a storm of photographers and flash bulbs. Oh well, always tomorrow. 

That, for the moment, is a brief summary of the first day of LFW for me. I must admit, it's been a nice pace. Anyway, must dash and ta-ta for now mes cheries, more soon including street-snapping escapades and being harassed for my Primani shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment